Noodles in White Sauce Recipe
This noodles in white sauce recipe would resemble the classic recipe of spaghetti Alfredo sauce, but it is not that. It’s SOMETHING like that. (Alfredo sauce recipe here)
However, it doesn’t matter if it is or is not, I like it – I cook it – I eat it … because I like it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- In a large pot, melt the butter and saute the ham and garlic at the same time.
- Add the feta cheese, smoked cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese, and cook on low-medium heat until you get a creamy sauce.
- Add egg yolks and boil for another 5 minutes. Optional: add oregano, thyme, and salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Boil the noodles/spaghetti according to the instructions on the packaging.
- That’s it! Put some noodles on a plate, then pour the amount of sauce you want over. Enjoy!
I have noted in the ingredients list that you can use “sour cream” or “unsalted cheese.” If you want the sauce to be thinner, use sour cream, or if you want it to be more consistent, use unsalted cheese.
Either way, this noodles in white sauce recipe is a pretty heavy meal.
It contains a lot of cheese. Noodles or spaghetti, it’s pretty much the same, because both contain lots of carbohydrates … plus ham and egg yolks.
So if you know you’re on a diet, you could give up the ham and egg yolks. In this case, you will not need as much butter anymore, and you can use up to half of the initial quantity, to saute the garlic.