Beef Ragu Pasta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a heavy based pot. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Then add the carrots and mushrooms and sauté slowly another for 5 minutes.
- Add the minced beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink, then add the remaining Ragu ingredients: wine, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves, salt, pepper and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Do a taste test and adjust if needed with salt and pepper. Place the lid on and set aside.
- Boil water in a large pot with 1 tbsp of salt.
- Add pasta and cook for 1 minute less than the recommended cooking time as per the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the ragu sauce.
Ragu sauce directions:
Beef Ragu Pasta is best served with plenty of freshly grated parmesan, or even better, with Parmigiano Reggiano.
Have you tried this Beef Ragu Pasta recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!