Chicken And Cheese Potato Croquettes Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yields: 2 BIG Croquettes
- boil whole potatoes (ensure you place them in cold water and bring it to the boil instead of plunging them straight into the boiling water. I know this takes a little longer, but this ensures that the center of the potato cooks in harmony with the outsides – this makes for better texture and consistency. After the boil, make sure you immediately drain your boiled potatoes to prevent them from becoming soggy).
- boil tomatoes for a few minutes, then peel and chop
- chop the carrot, the scallion, and the garlic cloves
- Preheat oven at 400°F (210°C)
- Put a pan on medium heat and add 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil (I used hemp oil). Add the scallion and garlic cloves, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and let simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes or until juices run clear then add the meat and cook for 2-3 minutes. You can add now oregano, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Add 50 ml of white wine and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. At this point… taste and add more condiments if needed.
- Peel za potatoes!!! Grate za potatoes!!! Mix grated potatoes with the eggs!!!
- Put cellophane over a small bowl, then place the egg-potato mix on the bowl walls, and add about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture and wrap. Voila! za croquette iz ready! Almost …
- Put the potato croquette in a tray and put it in the preheated oven. Just let it there until the potatoes get a slightly yellowish color.
- Remove the tray from the oven, put the cheese slices on top, place back in the oven and leave it until the cheese melts and gets a golden color.
- Best served with salad or pickles 🙂
This Chicken And Cheese Potato Croquettes Recipe is perfect if you are bored of the same thing and feel like you need trying something different.
We love potatoes. They are very fast and easy to prepare, versatile and suitable for any food. I must also mention that it is a very affordable product and I think that is the reason why we have so many perfect recipes for this delicious vegetable.
These are potato croquettes with meat and ground cheese, uniting the delicious and creamy potato taste with a filling of meat and cheese is simply a wonder you have to try.