Raspberry Scones Recipe (EASY)
Raspberry scones recipe is one of the first I’ve learned to make.
This recipe is so easy that even a beginner will make it in less than an hour. If it’s that simple, how good can it be? You probably ask.
Go ahead and make them. You’ll see.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Yields: 8-10 scones
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Place a large baking sheet on your cookie pan and sprinkle gently with flour. Add the flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and using your hands, rub in the butter until well combined. Then add the sugar and mix again.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and mix very well with your hands until a rough dough forms.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, take the dough out of the bowl and press into a rectangle shape with a rolling pin.
- Place the raspberries halfway past the dough, then place the other half over the raspberries, then dab it over again. With your palms, press the dough to a thickness of 2.5cm (1in).
- Using a 7.5cm (3in) circular/square pastry cutter, cut the scones and place them on the baking sheet. Press the remaining dough pieces together, roll out gently and repeat until you have used all the dough.
- Brush each scone with milk and sprinkle with coconut sugar or brown sugar.
- Place in the preheated oven on the middle shelf and bake for about 14 minutes until they have risen and turned a golden-brown color on top.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve with a little butter and jam or milk.
This easy raspberry scones recipe is your salvation when family members or friends make you an unexpected visit and you don’t have much time at your disposal. If you like to cook, you will finish the preparation within 40 minutes.
You can replace raspberries with blueberries or blackberries. It will be just as delicious.
Have you tried this Raspberry Scones recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!