Vanilla Cheesecake with Oatmeal Cookie Crust and Blueberries Jelly
Before we begin, let me make one thing clear: this vanilla cheesecake with oatmeal cookie crust and blueberries jelly is a dessert that fulfills every taste and texture desire of my heart.
And not because it’s the best dessert, there are plenty of much more delicious recipes, but this is the first recipe I’ve made myself, and it has a kind of “sentimental taste” for me … it reminds me of childhood.
Oatmeal Cookie Crust
Oatmeal Cookie Crust
- Start with the oatmeal cookie crust, which will have to stay in the refrigerator in the meantime. Crush the biscuits in a bag, then mix well with the powdered sugar and melted butter.
- The cookie crust is crumbly and will need to be patted down. Make sure you cover the entire bottom of the pan and about 1 inch up the side.
- For the cream, put the gelatin in 50 ml of cold water for 5 minutes(or according to product instructions), then put it over low-medium heat to warm it up and dissolve.
- Combine whipped cream with 1/2 cup (100 grams) powdered sugar and mix well. Then add the sour cream, the cream cheese, the remaining powdered sugar and the vanilla essence, and thoroughly mix everything. Now add the gelatin and mix well for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the cream on the prepared crust and let it set.
Place blueberries on top of the cheesecake, then Repeat STEP 3. Let the gelatin cool and pour it over blueberries just before it starts to harden.
- Chill several hours before serving.
Frankly, I don’t know why I prepared the blueberries jelly in this way. I liked it but not very much.
I recommend that if you really want a topping, to mix the blueberries with 2-3 tablespoon of sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of water, and put them on low heat until the sugar melts, and it thickens a little, but not too much, because you’ll have to let it cool before pouring over the cheesecake.
However, this is 5 minutes later …
Have you tried this Vanilla Cheesecake with Oatmeal Cookie Crust and Blueberries Jelly recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!