Sugar Free Keto Jello Fluff – Low Carb / Light – Updated 2020
The ketogenic diet or the keto diet is a diet pattern which consists of eating high amounts of fat and lower amounts of carbohydrates.
Many studies have already proven the positive effects of keto diet especially in terms of weight loss and your overall health.
When you reduce the intake of carbohydrates and instead replace it with high amounts of fat in your diet, you initiate a metabolic process called ketosis.
Ketosis aids in burning fat while producing energy.
As you can already observe the name ketogenic is derived from the process ketosis only. And hence when an individual is following a keto or ketogenic diet he/she should increase the intake of fats and reduce the amount of carbohydrates form their diet.
Ketogenic diet can also reduce the blood sugar and insulin levels in your body and it is one of the best ways to lose weight and is also considered to be a better option when compared to other fat-reducing diets.
As already mentioned you should reduce the amount of carbohydrates or limit the consumption of carbohydrate rich food articles such as grains or starch, beans, legumes, low-fat diet products, root vegetables and tuber, etc.
Along with these you should also reduce the intake of sugary foods such as smoothies, ice creams, candies, soda, fruit juices, etc.
But what about those who have a sweet tooth?
Finding good options to satisfy your taste buds can become very difficult but with this very easy to make Sugar Free Keto Fluff recipe, you can easily satisfy all your cravings and also follow your diet plan to the T.
Sugar Free Keto Jello Fluff:
- A large box of your favourite flavour sugar free jello
- A cup of sour cream
- A cup of heavy cream
- And 2 cups of water
How to make your favourite Sugar Free Keto Jello Fluff?
- Boil 2 cups of water and add this to the jello powder
- Simply follow the instructions available on the pack of your favourite sugar free jello and prepare the mix or simply whisk the mixture for about 2 minutes
- Pay attention while you are whisking your jello mixture, as many times whisking too slowly or when not doing to continuously can actually split the mixture and ruin your jello
- After whisking add a cup of sour cream and again whisk it properly until the sour cream is fully incorporated within the mixture
- Now add a cup of heavy cream to the above mixture and go on whisking the entire mixture, incorporate everything properly
- Since your mixture is now ready, distribute it evenly in small bowls and refrigerate until set. It would be great if you allow it to stay in the refrigerator for about 12 hours
You can use any flavour of the sugar free jello such as orange, strawberry, raspberry, strawberry-banana, etc. whatever you like.
All the above ingredients used in preparing this Sugar Free Jello Fluff consists of:
- 30grams fat
- 2 net carbs
- 3grams proteins
And all the above three combine and give you approximately 330 calories.
For those who don’t want to use heavy cream can prepare their own version of Sugar Free Jello Fluff by following these steps:
- 1 packet of sugar free jello (any flavour)
- Cream cheese (softened) – 4 ounces
- A cup of water
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- Boil water and add the jello, stir the mixture for about 3 minutes
- Add 1 and ½ cups of ice cubes to the hot water and jello mixture and start stirring
- Stir the mixture for about 3 minutes or until the jello starts to thicken up
- Remove the ice cubes which have not yet melted in the mixture
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and bring it to a smooth consistency
- Add about 2 tablespoons of jello in this smoothened cream cheese, again beat the mix properly, the entire mix should be very smooth and creamy
- Add this cream cheese mixture to the jello mixture that we have already prepared
- Beat all of it until it foams up
- Pour the mixture into serving bowls or dishes and allow it to set in the refrigerator
The above mentioned recipe will serve approximately 4 people. And you will have around 68.8 calories per serving.
The nutritional benefits of the recipe are:
- 4.5g fat
- 15.0mg cholesterol
- 220.0g sodium
- 2.3g carbs
- 3.0g protein
If you don’t want to wait for your jello to set and you are craving for something within an hour or two,then you can help yourself with this wonderful and delicious low carb Sugar Free Jello Fluff Salad.
Ingredients for Sugar Free Jello Fluff Salad with Pecans or Raspberries:
- A cup of cottage cheese
- Our favourite flavour Sugar Free Jello
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cups of pecans (or raspberries)
- A cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2tbsp any kind of sugar sweetener
How to make Sugar Free Jello Fluff Salad?
- Before you start, place the whipping cream in the freezer for at least 10 minutes
- Now in a bowl mix the jello and cottage cheese and combine these two ingredients properly
- To this mixture add the pecans and shredded cheddar cheese (you can add more of both these ingredients if you like)
- In a separate bowl start whipping the heavy cream until it starts to form stiff peaks
- Now gently fold the whipped heavy cream into the jello mixture and combine everything together
- Once mixed properly it is good to chill it for at least 2 hours before serving
With the above mentioned quantities of ingredients, the recipe will serve approximately 6-8 people and 1/8 of the full recipe, which is equivalent to a single serve will give you around 184 calories.
Other nutritional facts of the recipe are:
- 16g fat
- 2g carbohydrate
- 5g protein
Enjoy any of the above mentioned recipes and satisfy your sweet tooth cravings without compromising on your keto diet.