Simple Snickerdoodle Cookies
Simple snickerdoodle cookies soft-baked, chewy, and covered in cinnamon-sugar! 😋
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening (you can also use butter)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Directions for how to make Simple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (205°C). In the big bowl, mix the shortening, eggs, and sugar until very well mixed and fluffy.
- Then add the cream of tartar, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix them all until well combined. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl when mixing.
- In a smaller bowl, add the 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon mentioned in the ingredients list.
- Using your palms, roll the cake batter into 1-inch balls, then roll through the cinnamon and sugar mix. Place on a baking paper at least 2 inches apart and bake until lightly browned (about 8-10 minutes).
The cookies will puff up at first and then will flatten and remain with crinkled tops.
The ingredients mentioned in this simple snickerdoodle cookies recipe are enough for approximately 3½ dozen cookies.
p.s.: I try to keep my recipes as simple as I can, but I can’t give up on ads. Ads keep websites alive.Want more? Follow me (Me = Paul = The Foodie Dad) on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook.