Pizza Braid With Puff Pastry
This Pizza Braid with puffy pastry is a delightful twist on traditional pizza!
- Pizza crust mix or refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cups pizza sauce, more for dipping if you want
- ½ lb. cooked ground beef. You could also add bacon
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add whatever other pizza toppings you like! I shared some different variations down below.
- ½ teaspoon pizza seasoning
Directions How To Make Pizza Braid
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ or 190 Celsius. Prepare the pizza crust according to the instructions on the package, or unroll the refrigerated pizza dough. Press the dough into a big rectangle on a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Using a pizza cutter, cut strips a few inches from each side of the dough, leaving approx. 3-4 inches of dough in the center, for toppings (check the image below).
- In the middle of the dough, add ½ C. pizza sauce and spread it evenly. Top the sauce with the ground beef and then with the cheese. Add more or fewer toppings as desired.
- Beginning from the top, drag the strips of dough across and over the toppings, alternating sides to form a braided look, and pinch slightly the ends of the braid so the toppings stay inside.
- Sprinkle with pizza seasoning, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cut and serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping. The ingredients in this recipe are enough for one Pizza Braid With Puff Pastry or approximately four servings.