Golden Milk Quick Recipe – Turmeric Tea
‘’Golden Milk’’ is a delicious, beautiful and incredibly healthy drink especially suitable for drinking in the evening, with remarkable benefits.
Quick inner navigation:
The principal ingredient in this drink is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, a polyphenol identified as the main active ingredient, with over 150 potential therapeutic uses, including anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and antioxidant properties.
Read also: Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie With Turmeric Recipe
If combined with black pepper, the benefits of curcumin increase considerably.
Golden Milk Benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic and analgesic properties
- Strengthens the immune system
- Help maintain normal cholesterol levels
- Improves digestive health
- Regulates metabolism and body weight
- For high blood pressure
- For memory and brain
- For various skin conditions
- For neurological disorders
- Reduces triglycerides
By adding black pepper in dishes seasoned with turmeric the bioavailability of curcumin is increased for about 1000 times, due to piperine, black pepper’ striking property.
Yes, you read that correctly, if you mix turmeric and black pepper, the absorption of turmeric in your body increases by 1000%!
Golden Milk Quick Recipe – 2 Steps
Step 1 – Turmeric Paste
- 1/4 cup of powdered turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- Mix all ingredients in a small cooking pot and stir well.
- Turn the heat to a medium and continuously mix until the mixture becomes a thick paste. It does not take a long time, so do not leave the cooker.
- Let the mixture cool off, and then keep it in a small jar in the refrigerator.
Step 2 – Golden milk
- 1 cup of almond milk (or hemp milk or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 (or more) teaspoon of turmeric paste
- Raw Honey
- Mix all ingredients in a cooking pot, less the honey.
- Turn the heat to medium. While you are heating the mixture, you must constantly stir and do not let it boil.
- Add honey according to your taste.
Have you tried this golden milk quick recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Want more? Follow me (Me = Paul = The Foodie Dad) on Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook.