Gladys Knight Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe – UPDATED 2023
Sweet potatoes are a delightful addition to cheesecake. The rich, buttery taste and the soft texture are excellent. Gladys Knight Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe is a great pick for the autumn or winter table.
Advertisement – Article continues below
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ).
2. Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup melted butter. Press the mix into the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch springform pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and set aside. Don’t turn off the oven.
3. Place potatoes in a baking dish. Bake until a knife or a fork inserted in center of a potato goes through smoothly (that is about 1 hour). Cool the sweet potatoes with cold water, enough to handle, peel and puree.
4. In a clean bowl, add 3/4 cup cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of white sugar and blend until smooth. Mix in sour cream, 1/4 cup cream, and 1 1/2 cups sweet potato puree. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Pour the loading into crust.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ) oven until a tester(a knife or fork again) inserted near the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
6. You’re done with the oven for now, so you can turn it off. Let your Glady’s Knight Sweet Potato Cheesecake stand 1 hour in oven with door half-open.
7. Blend brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter (or margarine, in the worst case, if you are in a hurry and you really do not have time to buy some butter) in a small heavy vessel.
Stir over low heat till sugar dissolves.
Raise the heat, and take to a boil.
Mix in 1/4 cup cream, then nuts.
Pour heated topping so that it is covering the whole cheesecake.
Store leftover cheesecake in the freezer.
Gladys Knight Sweet Potato Cheesecake Review:
This recipe uses fresh roasted sweet potatoes, but you may substitute 1 1/2 cups canned sweet potato puree instead.
For the crust, you can also use a combination of graham crackers and vanilla wafers and not add any additional sugar. Maybe a little cinnamon. Or with a full cup of sugar in the batter and, you can also add cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Some people never made sweet potato anything without these seasonings. You might be afraid the pecan topping is going to make the cheesecake too sweet but with the right amount, it will be just perfect.
Gladys Knight Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe – Nutrition Facts
Per Serving: 619 calories; 40.9 g fat; 57.6 g carbohydrates; 8.9 g protein; 145mg cholesterol; 343 mg sodium.
Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 40.9g – 63 %
Saturated Fat: 21.0g
Cholesterol: 145mg – 48 %
Sodium: 343mg – 14 %
Potassium: 425mg – 12 %
Total Carbohydrates: 57.6g – 19 %
Dietary Fiber: 3.4g – 14 %
Protein: 8.9g – 18 %
Vitamin A: 11978IU
Vitamin C: 2mg
Vitamin B6: 0mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data.
Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before perparing this recipe for personal consumption.
Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018,
ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved.