Egg Muffins with Sausage and Cheese
Dazzle your family and friends with these egg muffins with sausage and cheese, that break open to reveal medium-boiled eggs with creamy yolks in the center. If your eggs are not all the same size, use the smaller ones for the inside of the muffin, while the bigger ones go in the batter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Keyword: egg muffins with sausage and cheese
Cook Time: ~30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 12 (serving size: 1 soft-yolk muffin)
Calories: 298 kcal
*tap ingredients to check
How to Make Egg Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread a 12-cup muffin pan with the cooking spray.(or you can put small pieces of butter in each cup)
- Put a large pot with water to boil over high heat and carefully lowering all 12 medium eggs into water with a slotted spoon or a strainer. Boil 4 minutes and 30 seconds THEN immediately plunge into a bowl of cold water. Let them cool 10 minutes. Peel eggs.
- Over medium-high, heat a small nonstick skillet. Add the sausage and cook 4 minutes or until browned, occasionally moving to crumble. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pepper in a large bowl. Then mix oil, buttermilk, and the large eggs into another large bowl until creamy. Add the flour mixture to buttermilk mixture; mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until creamlike. Now fold in two-thirds of sausage and 2 ounces cheese 🙂
- Break half of the batter evenly among cups of muffin pan. Nestle 1 peeled cooked egg vertically into the batter in each cup. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle muffins with remaining sausage and cheese.
- Finally: bake at 400°F on bottom rack until cheese melts and a wooden pick inserted in the middle of any muffin comes out with moist crumbs. Let it about 17 minutes then remove from oven. Chill on a wire rack 10 minutes. Use a butter knife or offset spatula around edges to loosen muffins.
You can also try:
Roasted Balsamic Chicken Breast With Baby Tomatoes Recipe
Have you tried this Egg Muffins with Sausage and Cheese Recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!