Easy Oatmeal Pancakes – Fluffy and Flourless
These fluffy, flourless and easy oatmeal pancakes are a healthy, filling breakfast served with fresh fruit and can be ready in just a few minutes.
Course: Breakfast, Low Fat
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Calories: 245 kcal
What you need:
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- maple syrup to serve (optional)
- pinch of salt
- fresh fruit of your choice to serve
Amount Per Serving
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 163mg 54%
Sodium 65mg 3%
Potassium 657mg 19%
Total Carbohydrates 41g 14%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 9g 18%
Vitamin A 6.3%
Vitamin C 12.4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Easy Oatmeal Pancakes Directions:
- Mix the eggs, peeled banana, baking powder, oats, and salt.(in a blender or whisk in a big bowl)
- Blend until the mixture is as creamy. Let the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes till slightly thickened.
- Spray your pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or just pour a small amount of oil) and put it over medium heat.
- Pour a small measure (1/4 cup or less) of the batter in the heated pan and let it until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit of your choice, or jam, peanut butter, etc.
- Final step: ENJOY! 😄
Finding healthy, easy and satisfying breakfasts, it’s a challenge for me, for us all. I am a big fan of scrambled eggs for breakfast, but from time to time I get tired of it, so I often look for other ideas, but the other ideas aren’t healthy.
Pancakes, French Toast, Waffles, Eggs Benedict, well, not ideal. So when I stumbled upon this healthy and easy banana oat pancakes recipe, I was delighted. Not only it takes only a few minutes to make them, but they’re delicious.
Now look, I am not a fan of flourless, sugar-free recipes or what would people describe as “healthy pancakes”.
What is so great about this banana oat pancake recipe is that they have great texture from the finely ground oatmeal. The oats make them gluten-free, so if you are fighting with gluten intolerance, these pancakes are best for you.
Is Oatmeal Gluten Free?
Um, yes. But the problem comes when the oats are processed in a factory or plant with wheat or other gluten-containing grains which can create cross-contamination. So make sure your oatmeal is gluten free before buying it!
These pancakes also get a significant boost of protein from the eggs (especially if you use free-range/organic eggs) and of course, the bananas are tiny health bombs themselves. Bananas are full of fiber, potassium and many other minerals and essential vitamins.
The bottom line: these easy oatmeal pancakes are a fabulous alternative to regular pancakes, loaded with all the good stuff and an excellent healthy breakfast. Yummy!
Have you tried this Fluffy, Flourless and Easy Oatmeal Pancakes recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
You can also try this Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes recipe