Dried Tomato, Mozzarella and Baby Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Dried Tomato, Mozzarella and Baby Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast – Yes, it can be both healthy and tasty at the same time!
This recipe is clear evidence that healthy food, can be also very tasty.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. It should be thicker than salad dressing.
- Cut each piece of chicken by half as if you were making a pocket, taking care not to cut all the way through. Season with salt and pepper, then coat the chicken (inside and out) with half of the dressing.
- Fill in each piece, as much as you can, with sun-dried tomato, top with cheese then finish with spinach leaves. Seal with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through. Brush with the remaining dressing after the first 10 minutes while cooking.
- Rest for 3-5 minutes before serving, moisten with the juices in the skillet.
– if you do not want to fry the chicken breast, you can put it directly in the oven and let it bake for about 25 minutes.
– if you prepare only two pieces of chicken breast, 15-18 minutes are enough for baking.
Have you tried this Dried Tomato, Mozzarella and Baby Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!