Dairy Free Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip and Coconut Milk Ice Cream
This dairy-free ice cream is a delicious combination of mint, chocolate chips, and coconut milk.
A wonderful treat and is enjoyed by most in our house (all who like mint – which is all of us but one).
I’m using fresh baby spinach for a lovely green color, but you can replace it with food colorant. Though not to worry, there is no trace of spinach taste left behind.
Perfect for holidays, special occasions, or any day for that matter.
Course: Vegan dessert
Total Time: 50 minutes
Calories: 145 kcal
- Pour 1/2 cup of the water in a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin (or agar powder) over the top. Set aside to absorb water for about 5 minutes.
- Meantime, add the spinach leaves, coconut milk, maple syrup, and remaining 1/2 cup water in a mixer. Pulse until the spinach is thoroughly blended. If some large-ish spinach pieces remain, remove or try a little harder OR strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the parts of spinach. Place the mixture into a large bowl, set aside.
- Put the saucepan with water and gelatin over medium heat. Warm lightly until the gelatin is melted, but DO NOT boil. Remove from heat once gelatin is melted. Add to the bowl of coconut milk mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Add peppermint and mint extracts (if using), vanilla, and salt. Adjust to your taste and put the bowl in the fridge to cool for about 2 hours.
- Put mixture in the container of your ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, usually about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add in chopped chocolate or chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes of churning.
Have you tried this Mint Chocolate Chip and Coconut Milk Ice Cream? Share your thoughts in the comments below!