Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe and Toppings
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe and Cauliflower Pizza Toppings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 1 pizza
Ingredients for cauliflower pizza crust:
The ingredients below are for one cauliflower pizza. For two pizzas or more, you will multiply the amount.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, about 2,5 lbs / 1 kg
- 1 egg
- cheese (as much as you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
- oregano, basil, Italian mix, garlic powder (optional)
- your favourite toppings (toppings ideas at the end of the recipe)
Before you start, you should turn on the oven, and preheat to 375 degrees fahrenheit or 190 degrees celsius. We first cook the cauliflower rice and after that we bake the crust, so you can keep the oven on.
How to make cauliflower pizza:
- Using a knife, remove outer leaves, and cut off florets one by one
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until “rice” texture. Some chunks are fine, because you will be baking it, so don’t worry.
- Spread the cauliflower rice on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- This step is optional, but after about 10 minutes, you can open the oven and mix the cauliflower rice gently for a more even baking
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a bowl, and let it cool until safe to touch. You can now increase oven temperature to 400 degrees fahrenheit or 200 degrees celsius
- Once the riced cooled, add two tablespoons of all purpose flour over the cauliflower rice, salt and pepper to taste, add your favourite spices, one egg, and mix well
- Line the baking paper with a little olive oil, then, using a spoon or your hands, spread the dough on the baking paper, and flatten it in the desired shape, rectangle or round
- Bake the cauliflower pizza crust for 18 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees fahrenheit or 200 degrees celsius
- Prepare your favourite pizza toppings (cauliflower pizza toppings ideas bellow)
- Once your healthy pizza crust is ready, add your toppings and bake again at 375 degrees fahrenheit or 190 degrees celsius, until the cheese melts.
Advertisement – Cauliflower Pizza Toppings Ideas below
Cauliflower Pizza Toppings Ideas – Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
- Asian: minced chicken breast cooked with honey and garlic, finely chopped broccoli, sliced onion, and mozzarella cheese
- Cheese: two or more types of cheese
- Chicken and pepper: tomato sauce, tiny slices of grilled/baked chicken breast, olives, red onion and cheese
- Mediterranean: tomato sauce, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes cut in half, olives, red onion, and feta cheese
- Salami: tomato sauce, dry salami, mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Shrimp: cook shrimp in tomato sauce and 2-3 tablespoons of cognac/brandy/whiskey, and cheese (mozzarella or provolone cheese)
p.s.: I try to keep my recipes as simple as I can, but I can’t give up on ads. Ads keep websites alive.
Advertisement – Recipe continues below
You can also try Pizza Braid With Puff Pastry. Share your thoughts in the comments below!