Best Ways to Keep Your Body Young
Every single day, 423 billion cells die in your body and are being replaced by new ones. This is the key to regeneration and keeping your body young.
Because of this, you can have a better working body next year if you like, leaner, fewer aches and more energy and power … if you follow the right steps.
Keep Your Cells Healthy
The number of cells in our body, 423 billion, is just a scientific estimate.
The cells in your body are so small that nobody could ever count them one by one. For the same reason, you do not notice that your body continually renews itself, but that’s the way it is.
Examples of a new body:
- The cells in our digestive system, starting in the stomach and large intestine are replaced every 5 minutes.
- The liver is completely replaced every five months.
- New skin covers every four weeks.(you can read: The Main Contributing Factors To Skin Problems)
- Our hearth is replaced after a period of between six to nine months.
- Your liver is capable or renewal and repair even starting from just 25% of his tissue.
- New studies show that even the brain cells can regenerate. This process makes me very optimistic that you can have a better functioning body if you want, with less pain and more energy… if you follow the right steps.
Are You Degenerating or Regenerating?
We know that in a way, we create a new body by slowly creating new cells every day.
The subject is whether our new cells will be healthier or less healthy. The quality of the new cells depends on the raw materials supplied to the body, the available food when the new replacement cells were formed.
If you provide your body with the right food, the newly created cells can be stronger and healthier than the old ones. This is called regeneration.
If you feed your body with the wrong stuff, the results will be low-quality cells. This is called degeneration and there are of course limits to this.
Researchers estimate that 30% of our health is determined by genetics, although lately, more and more evidence came out that by no means we are some genetic slaves 🙂
Even so, there are still many things you can do with the remaining 70%. And even genetic expression has been shown to be moderated by your environment.
The Five Large Traps of Degeneration
1. Processed foods are dead foods, with many calories but very close to no nutrients! All processed foods lack necessary enzymes for digestion. They fill your body, especially the liver, with chemicals that are being used to create a product with a long shelf life.
Research carried out by a team from London College University suggests that a diet rich in processed foods increases the risk of depression.
2. Sugar is known as ‘’the white death’’ for many reasons, but mainly because is decreasing the activity of the immune system. A single teaspoon of sugar decreases this immune activity for two hours and lowers the calcium level.
And people still wonder why there is so much osteoporosis 😐
Sugar overloads the pancreas, creating a roller coaster effect. When the blood sugar is high, we have energy, and when is low we are thoroughly exhausted. It is also very addictive (as many of us know).
Sugar contains no vitamins or minerals, is just a bunch calories generating lots of fat.
3. Alcohol is toxic to the liver; it lacks vitamin B, blocks the nervous system and inhibits the bone marrow to regenerate blood cells. The nerve connections between brain cells are affected by alcohol, which hinders communication signals, slowing down the mental processing.
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse And Alcoholism in the US (NIAAA) revealed:
‘’two studies compared brain shrinking in alcoholic men and women and reported that alcoholics of both sexes showed a decrease significantly higher than of other control subjects. Studies have revealed that both women and men have had similar problems regarding learning and memory, as a result of high alcohol consumption. ‘’ You don’t need to consume alcohol to have a good time.’’
4. Caffeine is highly addictive, stressing the adrenal glands and attacks the nervous system, producing emotional weakness. As a diuretic it dehydrates the body and makes you lose calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus and in some people can increase blood pressure.
Caffeine is found not only in coffee but in other products as well! A can of cola has about 35 mg of caffeine. Other beverages have between 35 to 50 mg of caffeine and are full of sugar.
5. Fats and rancid oils (fry foods, baked ones).
These foods create free radicals that harm cell membranes, enzymes and DNA. They stress the digestive system and the liver, along with increased cholesterol levels.(you should also read: How To Reduce Cholesterol Naturally – 9 Diet ‘’Secrets’’)
Fats and oils also contain about 120 calories per tablespoon.
Six Great Tips for Body Regeneration
- Fresh veggies are full of vitamins and minerals, and an excellent source of phytochemicals that protect the body from diseases and aging. This includes the so-called super-foods, such as spinach, lettuce, asparagus, cabbage and carrots, parsley, dill, garlic, onions and so on.
- Fresh fruits are also full of all these minerals, vitamins and phytochemicals that protect your body. Lemons, apples, bananas, mangoes, and melons are a great source of these elements. Each of these fruits has a lot of health benefits.
- Whole grains, such as brown rice, oat, buckwheat, barley, millet, quinoa are excellent sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber and some proteins.
- Drink plenty of clean water. Water is vital for digestion, circulation of body fluids and lubricating joints.
- Exercise, work-out. Move, do not stay. Find the best moves for you and go ahead. As the body begins to function at a more healthy level, you will naturally stop craving for things that interfere with body balance. Your body will handle much better any imbalances.
- Nature, sleep, sense. Spend time with your loved ones. Spend time surrounded by nature. Rest well, especially between 10 PM and 6 AM. Give your life a positive meaning, think positive.
The best point about regeneration is that you don’t have to think about your body, about what it does.
All you have to do is to lay down a proper foundation, and your body will do the rest.
A healthy body can heal itself of all (or almost all) problems if is well fed. Thinking and worrying about it will not enhance the process; in fact, it may well slow it down.
You can be a 15-year-old teenager, exactly like your body 15 years ago.
Stay Young: Final Factors
You may have noticed that the six regenerative choices cost much less than the degenerative options- in fact, some are entirely free.
Once the body has the raw materials for a proper regeneration, the next step is how we use that body. Equally important is how we use our mind that ‘’leads’’ that body.
The body is not designed to be lazy. Neither our minds.
If you don’t move your body regularly, it will become toxic and acid. Some health professionals say that you should not sit down for more than one hour without getting up and walk/move around.
I love to walk outside to enjoy the sun and fresh air. You should do the same 😉
What is your secret to stay young? Share your thoughts in the comments below!