Best 3 Desserts With Essential Fatty Acids 
Quick inner navigation:
Desserts with essential fatty acids are ideal when you want to lose weight or when you want to have a healthier lifestyle.
Essential fatty acids, such as the linoleic acid (omega -6) and the alpha-linolenic acid (ALA omega-3), plays a vital role in oxygenating the body and solar energy conversion. Their specific structure makes them essential for life, and at the same time, to break down in the presence of light or air.
But nature has found a way to protect against light and oxygen, called seeds. Thus, the more we consume whole seeds with essential fatty acids and the more complete they are, the more we will enjoy energy and vitality.
The whole seeds rich in essential fatty acids include flax, chia, pumpkin, Brazil nuts, pistachios, walnuts, almonds and macadamia nuts.
Here are some recipes with essential fatty acids
1. Whole Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
Quantity: 8 trays of biscuits
- 5 Chilli pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of dried pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of ground flaxseeds or 3/4 ground chia seeds
- 100 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of powdered Kelp
- Let the seeds to soak in water for at least 3 hours.
- Mix in the blender the remaining ingredients, less the hemp and pumpkin seeds, and add over the flaxseeds. Then add the ground flaxseeds.
- Add in the mixture the hemp seeds and the dried pumpkin seeds.
- Spread the mix evenly on a baking paper and portion the crackers at the desired size.
- Dried them overnight and then cut them slowly from the baking paper and dry them again until crackers are crispy.
2. Chia Seed Pudding With Milk
Quantity: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of Brazil nut milk – or any nut milk you have in hand
- 1 vanilla pod
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Mix the Brazil nut milk with the chia seeds. Leave them to soak for 15 minutes, stirring intermittently. Add more milk if you want a less consistent mixture. Optionally add vanilla and unsweetened coconut flakes (coconut flakes increases the absorption of essential fatty acids).
- To get the Brazil nut milk, leave the nuts soaking overnight and mix them with 2 ½ cups of water. Mix them in the blender at high speed for about 20 seconds and then strain.
3. Pumpkin Seeds and Spinach Pate
Omega 3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids that must be balanced with the omega six fatty acids consumption, for maximum benefits.
Because in the current lifestyle, we’re consuming an excessive amount of omega six fatty acids, it is beneficial to find ways to introduce in our diet more omega 3, and besides some seeds, vegetables are an excellent source of this.
This delicious pate recipe uses both, green leaves and seeds, rich in essential fatty acids.
Quantity: 2-4 servings
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of water soaked pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- 1 thick celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 green onion (scallion, spring onion) finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of fresh dill
- 1/4 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Cayenne chili powder
- Dulse red algae or Kelp algae granules for taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Process them in a juicer with a pulp divider to get a fine and homogenous mixture.
- Season to taste.