Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie With Turmeric Recipe
Inflammations have a wide range of causes and are often “disguised” in any other diseases, from weight gain to skin related problems, headaches and depression, heart problems, arthritis and many other health issues.
Here is a green smoothie with turmeric recipe that is full of nutrients and ingredients that have anti-inflammatory effects on the body.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 handful of spinach or kale
- 1/2 inch fresh peeled ginger root
- 1 1/2 cups of green tea or coconut water
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric powder or 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root[can turmeric burn belly fat]
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
*optional one teaspoon of vegan and gluten-free protein powder or hemp protein
- Water to blend
- Mix ingredients in the blender. In the end, you can sprinkle over some chia seeds. Enjoy!
Want more? Follow me (Me = Paul = The Foodie Dad) on Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook.